Sustainable Living Association Internship Program Overview
As a non-profit organization, interns are an integral part of the Sustainable Living Association operations. These inspiring people are an essential part of the organization’s on-going mission of educating people and communities to make healthy sustainable choices.
Interns will have the benefit of a dynamic experience with a leading organization committed to applying vision and expertise towards a sustainable future for all. The internship program is open to all individuals who share a passion for learning about sustainability and have an interest in empowering people with skills and knowledge to help themselves and to educate others.
Internships are typically a semester long, however there is some flexibility to help meet the needs of students. All internships are unpaid. During their time with SLA, interns are asked to work a total of 10-15 hours per week in the direct support of a staff member and/or a specific program.
Social Media Intern Position
Our Social Media Intern works alongside the Executive Director to increase brand awareness through the usage of social media platforms. Our Social Media Intern gives creative insight into topics to be included in our editorial calendar and seeks creative ways to spread our organizations message. They will use the information shared by management regarding the best course of action to promote the brand and in turn create conversation-starting posts and images for social platforms.
Responsibilities for Social Media Intern
- Work alongside the team to create a plan for social media strategies monthly
- Assist in the growth of the brand by raising awareness through various social media platforms
- Monitor postings to ensure brand message is constant from the terminology used to images posted
- Aid in the daily aspects of promoting the organization’s campaigns
- Interact with followers and potential supporters by communicating and answering questions through the company’s social pages
- Assist in implementing plans to increase followers on popular social media websites such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and LinkedIn
- Oversee the creating and implementation of a monthly editorial plan
- Help create content as dictated by the monthly editorial calendar to promote programs, events, blogs, and campaigns
We are seeking a dynamic, organized, and enthusiastic person with a passion for detail-oriented planning and creative public interaction. Multitasking and detail management is a large part of the responsibilities and this intern’s position is critical to the quality and overall success of our events and programs. Our Social Media Intern must be thorough and professional with little supervision. Applicants should be flexible, energetic, and able to manage a broad diversity of challenges at once. A good sense of humor, positive and enthusiastic attitude, and willingness to learn are essential attributes. While training will be provided as necessary, prerequisite/preferred qualities include:
- Experience in engaging with customers in a professional or brand-specific scope
- Professional verbal and written communication skills
- Graphic design experience desirable
- Familiarity with social media best practices, viral and word-of-mouth online marketing practices
- Early adopter of evolving social media landscape and all its related technological enhancements
- Knowledge of analyzing websites, creating a content strategy, link building, keyword strategy, and implementing SEO best practices to increase rankings on all major search networks
- 1 year of experience in digital marketing (Classes, Other Internships, Projects, etc.)
- Ability to identify and resolve problems
- Strong organizational, time management, and analytical skills
How to Apply
The Sustainable Living Association encourages all persons that have reviewed the description of our program to apply for a position.
Applicants should submit the following:
- Cover letter which includes a personal statement about why this internship appeals to you
- Current one-page resume including 2 work or volunteer related (non-personal) contact references
- A 250 word or less personal biography
All application materials should be sent via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be considered incomplete if they lack any information listed above and will not be considered a viable candidate. All applications will be reviewed and responded to. Please, no phone calls – all questions should be submitted via the email listed above.