Sustainable Living Association
Sustainable Business Program Assistant
Reports to: Executive Director
Hours and Compensation: 20 hours per week, $20-$23 per hour, February – October
In partnership with local businesses and the City of Fort Collins, the Sustainable Living Association (SLA) is leading exploration and visioning of what local businesses want for a new sustainable business program.
The Sustainable Business Program Assistant will coordinate aspects of program management, including planning, outreach, communications, logistics, data collection, evaluation, and reporting. Working directly with the Executive Director the program assistant will be responsible for tasks associated with carrying out the objectives of the program. The ideal candidate will be capable of managing multiple logistics in order to achieve the deliverables of the program.
Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties and responsibilities are illustrative of the primary function of this position and are not intended to be all inclusive.
- Successfully organize and manage projects that support the Sustainable Business Program.
- Support the strategic vision and goals of the SLA.
- Attend meetings, support staff and participants as needed and collaborate with them to advance the priorities of the program.
- Assist with research: review best practices, summarize relevant data, identify business member gaps including historically underrepresented businesses.
- Assist in developing a Barrier Analysis Strategy: develop surveys and disseminate to targeted audiences, analyze survey results and identify gaps in collected information, conduct interviews, focus groups and workshops with program stakeholders, analyze and synthesize findings.
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders and committee members.
- Coordinate scheduling of meetings, taking notes and following up with participants accordingly.
- Help create, meeting powerpoints, materials, monthly newsletter content and other needed collateral.
- Maintain and update website as it pertains to this program.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform the functions of this position.
- Detail-oriented, strong task management and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
- Ability to collaborate effectively.
- Ability to track processes and results in a consistent manner.
- Ability to prioritize multiple competing tasks.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, WordPress, spreadsheets, and computer systems.
- Strategic and innovative thinker.
- Knowledge of and passion for sustainability, equity, and climate change.
- Adaptable and able to work under a rapidly changing work environment.
- Experience with public speaking, community engagement, or community organizing.
- Self-directed, quick learner, responsible, dedicated, uses good judgment, positive attitude, flexible and a good team-player.
- Grant Writing experience.
- Multiple language skills.
Education and Experience
- College-level or technical school course work in business, environmental studies, sustainability, or related experience.
- Minimum of one year of related job experience performing program/project coordination and administration or community engagement, preferably in a team environment.
Schedule and Work Environment
- SLA offers a flexible work schedule, and this position is remote from home, but candidate must be located in the Fort Collins area.
- Some evenings and weekends may be required to fulfill the duties of this position.
- There is potential to extend the duration of this position into 2023 if additional funding can be secured.
How to Apply
Please email: email@example.com with your cover letter and resume and include Program Assistant in the subject line of the email. Applications will be reviewed, and interviews will take place on a rolling basis until January 24th. No phone calls, please.
The Sustainable Living Association strives to build a diverse and inclusive organization. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply to join our team and help grow a more inclusive sustainability movement that truly serves all people.
The Sustainable Living Association provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or genetics.