Our Youth Climate Action Intern works alongside the Executive Director and student organizers to plan and coordinate the Youth Climate Action event on September 23rd, 2023. They will be able to provide oversight on strategic development with a creative flair that attracts other students into the planning process. Our intern must be well-organized with good communication skills and attention to detail. Add a shot of enthusiasm and passion for sustainability and you’ll be our ideal candidate. Download Application
- Coordination of the Youth Climate Action event in partnership with student organizers, the City of Fort Collins, local businesses, non-profit organizations, and CSU.
- Recruit students and community members to the planning committee.
- Plan and coordinate community service projects for students, interactions with local elected officials and job fair participants.
- Coordinate negotiations for event space, arrange food and beverage for students, arrange for donations, order supplies and equipment.
- Assist with collateral design and creating promotions, marketing materials and securing press for the event.
- Schedule meetings (virtual), prepare agendas, take notes and follow up on action items.
- Serve as the liaison with partners, donors, sponsors, and vendors on event-related matters.
- Manage on-site production, volunteer coordination, and clean up for event as necessary.
- Close out event as required: survey, feedback, reports, and statistics.
We are seeking a dynamic, organized, and enthusiastic person with a passion for detail-oriented planning and creative community interaction. Multitasking and detail management is a large part of the responsibilities and this intern’s position is critical to the quality and overall success of our event. Our Youth Climate Action Intern must be thorough and professional with little supervision. Applicants should be flexible, energetic, and able to manage a broad diversity of challenges at once. A good sense of humor, positive and enthusiastic attitude, and willingness to learn are essential attributes. While training will be provided as necessary, prerequisite/preferred qualities include:
- Experienced person with ability to manage administration and logistics in support of Executive Director, student coordinators & participants, interns, volunteers, and community partners in a busy non-profit environment.
- Ability to anticipate project needs, discern work priorities, and meet deadlines with little supervision.
- Design, implement, and direct multiple projects within program area, setting deadlines and ensuring program accountability.
- Effective supervision of and ability to motivate and support student coordinators and volunteers.
- Actively creating a collaborative work environment, fostering a solution-oriented approach to challenges and encourages innovation.
- Ability to guide both the high-level vision of events, and simultaneously oversee the numerous details involved in successfully managing the program.
- The event coordinator should have a love for sustainable community building and sustainable event management, provide outstanding customer service, be an enthusiastic professional, and be able to build relationships with internal and external customers.
- Strong organizational skills, with attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Team player, flexible and compassionate.
- Proficient using the latest versions of Microsoft Word, and Excel.
How to Apply
The Sustainable Living Association encourages all persons that have reviewed the description of our program to apply for a position.
Applicants should submit the following:
- Cover letter which includes a personal statement about why this internship appeals to you
- Current one-page resume including 2 work or volunteer related (non-personal) contact references
- A 250 word or less personal biography
All application materials should be sent via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be considered incomplete if they lack any information listed above and will not be considered a viable candidate. All applications will be reviewed and responded to. Please, no phone calls – all questions should be submitted via the e-mail listed above.